Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Small Miracle

Sunday, I accidentally locked my keys in my car. I had them in my crochet bag (I knit or crochet to help me concentrate at church), but stuff fell out when I went back to the car for gum. Some how I missed them when I put stuff back in before I locked the door. 

We have roadside assistance with our insurance which has come in handy in the past, but I wanted to do my best to keep the Sabbath holy, so I asked someone at church that is known for being resourceful if they knew how to break into my car. It is a Kia. I figured it would be easy. Unfortunately, they were not able to despite their best efforts. Reluctantly, I used ordered a locksmith. That was when a small miracle happened. 

I told this man who was trying to help me that the last locksmith the insurance sent out made me uncomfortable, and Chad was busy inside and unable to stay with me. This man with whom we have struggled to get along for years, stayed with me as I waited along with his wife and sons. We talked and laughed and passed the time together. It turned out I had no reason to worry because this locksmith was not creepy and got the job done fast. I appreciated his willingness to help, though. It was the tender mercy I needed at the time. 

No comments: