Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Cabled Sweater

 

I finished the beautiful sweater a couple of weeks ago, but I waited to take pictures because it has been too hot to put more than a few seconds. 

I have been wanting to make a cabled sweater for a long time. When I saw pictures of this one done for daughters and granddaughters in a knitting Facebook group, I fell in love immediately and was excited to see that the Lion Brand yarn website was selling kit for it and the yarn was on sale  I was able to get all of the yarn I needed plus some die about $40! It’s really hard to buy enough yarn that isn’t scratchy for this price. I order it right away and eagerly awaited its arrival.

I started the project I called my “Taylor Swift” sweater because the pattern was inspired by the “Cardigan” video in April and finished it in late May. It was such a fun project, and I had a hard time putting it down. The only thing I would have liked better would have been it if was knit as one piece rather than having to stitch it together. Overall, I loved knitting this and would not be opposed to knitting it again.


No comments: