Monday, June 24, 2024

Yoga

People often say that they like, or even love, yoga. I couldn’t figure out why for a long time. I tried many different times. When my kids were little, I had an AM/PM in bed yoga CD and didn’t get the point. I figured it just wasn’t for me. Several years later, I bought a set of yoga CDs after a friend talked me into trying it again. I liked it for a bit, but couldn’t get into it completely because I didn’t like to stretch. Then, when I was starting to run, I heard of a YouTube channel that had yoga for runners. I liked it ok, but still wasn’t big on the long stretches. I just figured I would not never like it. 

When I started the Miracle Morning, I needed a form of exercise that would help me wake up in the morning and didn’t want to need to put on a bra. I settled on trying yoga again using Apple Fitness+. Since then, I have been doing yoga most mornings. I like the variety I have found through this app, and doing it for only 10 minutes is good for me. It is a good way to wake up, and I can feel myself getting stronger. Knowing that I can just take a walk around the block instead if I choose seems to help, too. I love knowing that I am in control of this aspect of my life. 

No comments: