Saturday, June 29, 2024

Curtain Project

I am working on curtains for my dining room. I bought two curtains that match but were different lengths from the thrift store a while ago and a lace table cloth to be put together to cover a large window. I got started on it today. So far, sewn the two panels together, measured the window to assure I make them the right length, and hemmed the bottom. Then, I stretched it out on the living room floor to plan how to place the table cloth on top. Unfortunately, I don't have the right color of thread to sew it on, but I will go to the fabric store on Monday to get it. The only other thing that I want to do is create a lining so the sun won't completely damage it. I got a sheet to try it, but it is the wrong shade of red. I will have to go back to the thrift store to find one a more suitable color. If it matches well enough and has enough material, I would also like to use it to make a curtain for the window on the front door. I hope that this will help cool down the house since it will create more shade inside. 

Once this project is done, I will be looking for something to make curtains that match well enough to go in the living room.

No comments: