Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Cookie Fail

With only window air conditioners, I try not to bake more than needed because it is hard to cool down the house afterwards. We are still baking bread each week, but we have scaled back on things like cookies. 

The last few days have been a bit cooler. In fact, we have been able to to just open the windows and run fans without the air conditioners. So, I decided to make cookies after work. When looking through Chad's cookie cookbook, I found a ginger cookie recipe that I made in the past that everyone seemed to like. I was excited to make them and was sure we had everything in the cupboards I needed. I was more than halfway through the recipe when I realized I didn't have enough molasses and decided to make up for what I lacked with light corn syrup thinking the molasses would have a strong enough flavor that it wouldn't make that big of a difference. I was wrong. The cookies are quite bland. (Chad and Noel said that they are good, so it could be imagining that they are bland.) To me that are more sweet than flavorful. I was quite disappointed!

No comments: