Sunday, October 29, 2023

Halloween Costumes



 Yesterday, Noel and I went to the Trunk or Treat at the church. She came up with cute ideas for costumes that we put together. Mine is mostly stuff I had at home other than the shirt and wand. Noel’s is mostly stuff from the thrift store. 

On Monday, Noel and I went the the only thrift store in town to get her things to put her vision together. (She has been talking about being a pirate for a while.) She settled on a dress she could modify, a corset-like belt, and a lot of jewelry. Then, we went to Walmart yesterday morning where she found tights, a bandanna, and a scarf with gold, dangling trinkets. Then, she worked on the dress by removing the collar, ripping the sleeves at the ideal length, and changing the length without changing the shape of it with the sewing machine. The result is amazing. Who knew this would come out of stuff found here and there. She is so good at making her vision come to life. 

My costume was put together in a few hours. I didn’t have a plan until Noel suggested I create a tooth fairy costume and gave me some suggestions. Yesterday morning, I bought a plain black t-shirt, white material, and sticks made for mylar balloons while we were at Walmart. I drew and cut out a tooth pattern for the wand and shirt when we got home. I sewed one on the shirt and made one to stuff to glue on the balloon stick along with some ribbon I found in my sewing kit. I already had wings and a sparkly tutu from past consumes and added matching leggings and slippers. 

Overall, I think our costumes turned out really good. She is so good at coming up with ideas like these and executing them!

No comments: