Sunday, October 29, 2023

Matthew Perry Gone

Photo credit: https://www.google.com/amp/s/pagesix.com/2023/10/28/photos/matthew-perry-through-the-years-the-friends-stars-life-in-photos/amp/

I am not the kind of person who is saddened by most celebrities’ deaths, but there have been a few that have gotten to me: John Ritter, Robin Williams, Luke Perry, and now, Matthew Perry. I am not the type of person that cries over the death of people I don’t personally know, but I do feel sorrow for the loss of these talented people. 

The loss of Matthew Perry feels a bit different from the others. I watch Friends every night when I go to bed, so I see a younger version of him daily. I also read his memoir earlier this year which made me feel like I knew him better than other celebrities. I was rooting for him to continue to straighten up his life and fulfill more of his dreams. I honestly hope that he was able to continue to stay sober for the rest of his life. We may not currently know how he died, but I have a feeling it was something to do with the abuse he put his body through for so long. I will miss hearing about the good he was doing through his book as he tried to raise awareness about what addiction can do.

This week, I will be sewing together the Friends sweater that I have been working on. It kind of feels like the one thing I can do to show my support in a small way. 

No comments: