Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Halloween Pizza

I love getting holiday shaped pizzas from Papa Murphy’s. Getting heart shaped pizzas on Valentines Day was one of the few traditions I kept after the ex left. I don’t know why, but a heart pizza for Valentines Day and Jack-o-lantern pizza for Halloween just tastes a bit better. 

Today, I ordered a Jack-o-lantern pizza online around 2:30 to pick up at 4:45 as I took Noel home from school. When I got there, the line was going out the door and a bit down the sidewalk. I called to see if the pizza was ready, and they told me it would talk another 30 to 40 minutes. I went home and sent Chad back a half hour later thinking it would be ready to pick up. It was not. 

We hen Chad got there, he was told to stand in line but not where to stand. The first line was apparently only for people who had yet to order. When he got to the front, he was sent to the other line, so he called me to tell me what was going on. After 10 or 15 minutes in that line, he called again wanting to just cancel the order. I was fine with that as long as we got out money back and he came up with a backup plan for dinner. At this point, an employee told the people in this line that they could cancel the order the next day and wait 2-3 days for the refund. I didn’t like this idea. They already charged my card because it was an online order. He agreed with me and stayed in the line. Once he got to the front of the line, they started the order. Apparently, even though I ordered 2 hours in advance and checked in when it was scheduled to be ready, it was not ready yet. In fact, they were making the pizzas that were ordered in person first. Chad was finally home an hour after he left. 

I have never had issues with this Papa Murphy’s in the past. They were definitely overextended. The point of irritation for me is that online orders are usually a high enough priority that this shouldn’t have happened. We were able to get our pizza, but it was a pain to get. I may have to make it myself in the future. 

No comments: