Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm So Excited!


On January 28, I took my measurements and put them aside in a notebook somewhere. Since then, whenever I thought about taking measurements again, I talked my self out of it. I figured that nothing would have changed or I may be even bigger no matter what the scale said.


Today, I was reading some journals on this site. One girl updated her measurements each week. I noticed that she was losing those inches pretty fast in some parts of her body. I thought to my self, "I wonder if anything has changed in my body." Then, I took my tape measure into the bathroom with me and shed my clothes (no need to add anything from clothes). I proceeded to write down my measurements.


I will have to admit that I cringed at some of the numbers until I found the ones from January and compared. I am so excited that I just have to share. I still don't like the numbers, but I love the progress.


January 28:

Around belly at belly button: 42 3/4 inches

Around Hips: 43 1/16 inches

Around Left Thigh: 25 1/2 inches

Around Right Thigh: 25 1/4 inches

Around Chest Under Breasts: 37 1/8 inches

Around Chest Including Breast: 40 3/4 inches

I didn't do a butt measurement.


Today (May 28):

Around Belly at Belly Button: 38 inches (4 3/4 in. loss)

Around Hips: 41 1/2 inches (1 9/16 in. loss)

Around Left Thigh: 24 3/4 inches (3/4 in. loss)

Around Right Thigh: 24 1/2 inches (3/4 in. loss)

Around Chest Under Breasts: 33 1/2 inches (3 7/8 in. loss)

Around Chest Including Breasts: 39 inches (1 3/4 in. loss)

Around Butt: 43 inches


Total Inches Lost: 13.1875 (not sure on the fraction for that one)inches

5 comments:

Ann Marie said...

that is really cool! I'm so excited for you!

taradon said...

Woo-hoo! That's great progress!

Mistaken said...

Wow! That's fantastic!! How exciting! You must feel like it's all paying off now huh? Good Job!

Jami said...

I'm so glad you're seeing results! It's so frustrating when you can't and you feel you've been working so hard. I need to get going on exercising... I want to do running like Melissa and found a program to follow... I just have to find the time to do it. (Matt may have to suck it up and watch the kids alone for 30 minutes...)

Tera said...

That is so awesome! Good job. I think taking measurements is so important. Sometimes, a pound or so a weeks doesn't seem like very much, but when you look at the inches lost, it makes such a big deal!