Saturday, May 2, 2009

Down by 2


I weighed myself this morning (I have decided that Saturday is my official weigh in day), and I was down 2 pounds! I was so excited!


My goal is a pound a week. I know that doesn't sound like much, but according to my doctor's office and other stuff I have been reading, one to two pounds a week is the most healthy way to lose weight, and it makes it easier to maintain after the weight is off. Plus when I think of the fact that if I do lose a pound or two a week, by mid-February next year I will be 40 pounds lighter. That doesn't seem very far away considering how fast the last few months have past.


Obviously what I have been doing works. I am having a hard time keeping my calories in around 165o, but I have boosted my calories out to make up for my lack. It is not like I am eating McDonald's every day. I am just not used to eating that little food.

5 comments:

Jami said...

Yay for you!

Ann Marie said...

Congratulations Rosa! I know what that feels like and it's so exciting! I am doing Weight Watchers now and they want you to lose one to two pounds a week. You're right on track and doing it the right way! Congratulations again, that's awesome!

Mistaken said...

That's great for you. I think if you really wanted to keep your calories that low, try more filling low cal foods. That way you don't feel like you're not getting enough to eat. High Fiber, High Protein, etc. Keep up the good work!

foolsfitness said...

I'm just learning that a serving of pizza is not "a pizza".

Congrats on the loss of pounds. I agree with you about just one pound, and one step after another.

I'm trying to adjust somewhat to putting more exercise in to make it so I don't eat just a 1/2 cup of rice cakes a day.

After all funny bones are the bread group of choice at foolsfitness!-Alan

Chris said...

8 pounds to go till your pedicure! (also stole the ticker idea, love it!)