Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Guess I'll Take It


I lost one pound this week. I have to say, I am a bit disappointed in myself. I know it is my fault that I didn't lose at least 2 pounds. I had a few binges this week. I went way over on my calorie allowance. The worst part is that it all started with the happy news that I was losing inches. It was like I had to celebrate or something. I am noticing that the more I sit at the computer, the more I eat. Hmmm....I'm not totally sure I'm ready to give up the computer. Yesterday, I made myself do housework before I was able to get on the computer. I did really good at not thinking about food most of the day. Then I went to Taco Bell for dinner. (I have actually learned to be good at Taco bell.) The bad part came after Taco Bell though. I went to a church activity and ate a lot of cheese ball with crackers. I knew that wasn't good for me. Now, those of you who saw me eat last night may not think it was much of a binge. It was for me lately. I have noticed that my binges are getting smaller. For example, a few weeks ago I felt like I had totally binged on cookies. I had eaten 5 that day. In the past I would have eaten 10 or more without counting them or batting an eye. I guess that means I am getting better. I just wish I could stop and eat those kind of foods in moderation. The pounds would start to melt off again if I did.

4 comments:

Mistaken said...

I think that's good that you lost a pound even though you had a few binges. It sounds like the changes you have made are paying off.

Jami said...

Hey, it's better than nothing! That's great that your subconscious is starting to catch on to your conscious desires. Keep at it and before long, you won't even have to think about not binging because your brain will just think that's the norm. ;)

Chris said...

P.S. 4 more pounds till that pedicure!

Tera said...

a pound is still a loss. Just think, if you lost a pound a week, by next year when the kids get out of school that would be 52 pounds. That is a lot!