Sunday, March 5, 2023

Day 1 in Provo

By the time our plane landed, we got off the plane and walked across the airport to find my dad, and he drove us to his house through a snowstorm, it was 5:00am. We were told which rooms were made up for us and went to bed. 

I set an alarm for 7:30 to make sure I would be ready for church on time, and it worked. Even though I had just over 2 hours of sleep, I was shower, dressed and ready to go on time. Of course, it is helpful the the church is basically around the corner. I enjoyed church for the most part. It is hard to be in a different ward, but it is good to hear the insights of others. 

Once we got back to the house, my parents took a nap and I talked to Chad. He had had a long night waiting for updates to make sure we arrived safe and was awaken by the dogs bright and early. I paced the house, looked at books on the shelves, and checked on Sean as I talked. It was nice to talk to him, and I got to have a conversation with both him and Noel as he picked her up from her dad’s. When they were home, we hung up and I went to bed for a longer nap. 

Once we were all awake, I had Sean come upstairs so we could all hang out, talk, and eat. Sean went back downstairs when the conversation got too intense as Dad and I talked about Anthony’ and Mom’s death. We continued talking until Bev needed help. Then she had me go get Sean again because she worried that he was being neglected (he wasn’t, but she is Grandma). 

Now we are fed and headed back to bed for the night. Tomorrow, we will be doing a bit more. Carrie and the girls will be coming over. Then, I will be headed out with my best friend that evening. My dad says he needed to go into the office for at least half of the day. As to not overwhelm Bev, Sean and I will probably walk over to the grocery store to get Sean some frozen pizza (he is the pickiest eater I have ever met, and Grandma is worried that he is t eating enough). I’m excited to see people I love tomorrow! 

No comments: