Friday, March 31, 2023

Need to Prioritize

"Your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6: 32-33

I have been overwhelmed a lot lately. I have a full time job and go to school part time. I also have a fairly demanding calling in the Church to go along with my divine calling as wife and mother. There have been many time lately that the roles of wife and mother have been so stressful that I struggle to fulfill my other roles in life. I struggle knowing that if I fail in this way or that way it would affect other people. This often leads to me neglecting my own needs to try to make sure others are taken care of. 

How many times have we had the lesson with the rocks at church. You know the one. Start with an empty jar, a pile of big rocks, a pile of small rocks, some sand, and a glass of water. How do we fit it all in the jar? We start with the largest thing, the big rocks. Then we move on to the small rocks, the sand, and finally the water. If we go in the opposite order, we will not fit everything in, and we will make a big mess. 

I need to figure out what my big rocks are and prioritize my time. I think I am spending too much of my time on the smaller priorities. I also need to make sure that I stop making myself the water. 

No comments: