Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Forgiveness Journey

Yesterday, Chad and I went to the temple. We both thought our appointment was at 4pm, but it was actually at 4:30. That meant that I was able to sit and read scriptures while waiting to do what I was there for. I read Alma 37 and felt a sense of peace as I did so. Then, I read Ether 14 and 15. As I read these chapters, I thought about the battles in my life that lead me away from the Spirit. 

I feel I need to start another forgiveness journey. I did this about 8 or 9 years ago and felt a strong sense of peace as I truly felt I had forgiven the person who had hurt me most. Since then, he has caused more pain in various ways which has brought up some of the bad feeling from the past. I need to resolve these feeling for myself as well as my children. Will we ever have even a glimmer of a friendship again. Probably not. I’m ok with that.  The feelings of animosity are just dragging me down and need to be resolved. 

No comments: