Saturday, March 25, 2023

The Closer I Get

The closer I get to being done with my degree, the harder it is to concentrate on the work. I want the work to be easier, but that is not the reality of school. It keeps getting harder. That doesn't mean that I am going to give up. It just means that I have try harder to concentrate and pay more attention to what I am reading and watching for my assignments. 

There have been times this semester that I feel like I am going to break. I am in the middle of one of those moments. One of my classes requires things that are not normally required for undergrad students like grant writing. It also requires me stepping out of my comfort zone. It has tried me more than any other class. I am working so hard for this class and hope that I will make it out of this class with at least a C so that I don't have to take it again. I have only a few weeks left and am honestly worried that I will have to take it again. If by some miracle I pass both of my classes this semester, I will be graduating this time next year. If I don't, I may have to go one more semester than planned yet again. 

I really want to finish this degree. I have worked hard on it since September 2015. It has been a long road. I have gained a lot of knowledge as well as humility. I truly believe that the more we learn, the less we realize we know. I have no plans to continue on to a Masters program at this time. That may change in the future. For now, I just want to be done. 

No comments: