Sunday, March 19, 2023

Walking for Veterans

 

I singed up to walk 30 miles in April as I fundraise for an organization trying to end veteran suicide. I have already started the fundraiser on Facebook, and two people have donated so far. I am hoping to raise $200. 

As I get ready for this April goal, I have been take Sophie on walks. She LOVES it! We only walk a bit over a mile per day because she is a senior dog, and I don't want to do too much for her. The thing  is, I think she could make it further most days. When we get home, she tried to play with the other dogs and runs around the backyard. I can tell she will do great with this challenge. If she acts like she needs a rest day, I will give it to her. So far, she doesn't seem to want it, though. 

I hope to be able to reach both my fundraising goal and mileage goal by the end of April. I know I can do the walking. I hope my friends and family will step up and help me donate the additional $120 as well. 

No comments: