Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Last Day/ Going Home

Today was a pretty good day. This morning, my sweet daughter called me around 7am and talked to me for about an hour. I love hearing from her when we are apart. It was a great way to start my day. After every one was awake, we went to the bookstore for Sean to get a few more books because he finished all three that we bought for the trip. Then, we went to a yarn store in downtown Provo called Heindselmam’s Knit and Gift Shop. It was such a great shop, and the people were really friendly. Sean even got to pet a puppy. After that, my dad let Sean choose where to go for lunch, and he chose In-n-Out Burger. After lunch, we made sure we were fully packed and visited with my parents for a bit longer before saying goodbye to Bev and having my dad take us to the airport. 

Good news: we had no problems with out flight. It took longer for the passengers from the previous flight to get off the plane that it probably should have, but the boarding process was not too bad for us. We took off only about 20 minutes late and landed right on time. Sean enjoyed the flight this time. With it mostly going as planned, he was able to relax and take it all in. I got him a window seat, so he leaned his head on the window and watched out it the whole way. He described the engine to me before we took off and pointed out how little we could see through the clouds as we landed. It took some of the stress off of me, and I enjoyed his excitement. (I know he is 19 and not little, but I can’t ever see myself not enjoying my children.)


I like visiting my parents, and it is always good to be home. The only things I would change from my trip would be to have caught an earlier flight that was less likely to be delayed (not that I could have predicted that), and I would have liked to have a car so I could get out of the house when everyone was sleeping. 

No comments: