Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Short Naps

The dogs and I have a routine that seems to work for us. When I take my lunch break, I set a timer, lie down in bed, read a few pages in my book (still working on Matthew Perry's book), and go to sleep. I take a 30 minute break. About 20 minutes of that is sleep. It is just enough to help me through the rest of my work day. 

The dogs seem to like this as much as I do. When I tell them it's naptime, they climb on the bed and cuddle up to me. That's right, three dogs cuddled up around my legs and against my back (I sleep on my side). When the timer goes off, I get out of bed as they look at me as if I just did something horrible by sitting at my desk next to the bed instead of being in the bed. 

There are times when I need a regular nap when I get off work because I get up so early. The dogs don't seem to be as excited when that happens, but that could just be because it is usually just me falling asleep doing homework or watching TV. Most of the time, I will wake up from those naps with one or two dogs curled up next to me. 


No comments: