Monday, March 27, 2023

I’m a Sucker

I am a sucker for a deal. Sometimes, it’s a good thing like buy one get one free on laundry detergent. Sometimes, I regret it. I have paid for subscriptions to three apps that I rarely use because on this impulse. 

In December, I was reading Jeff Galloway’s book and felt ready to start running again. I downloaded his app and got started. The problem is I hate the cold and don’t go to the gym often enough, so it doesn’t get used as much as it should especially with the BOLDERBoulder in 62 days. I know I need to just jump back in to running, but it’s hard even with an app that helps me run the way I want to run. (Hopefully, this will change real soon.)

In January, MyFitnessPal had a deal in a year of the Premium subscription. My intermittent fasting app free trial was ending, so I signed up for that feature and to be able to scan my foods. I haven’t used it for about the last mont. I got out of the habit when I went to my dad’s and have had a hard time getting back to tracking.  

Most recently, I get an email from my credit card company saying I could be eligible for 3 free months of the Door Dash Pass all I had to do was connect my card to the account. We prefer it over Grub Hub, so I tried it. Apparently, this is only for new subscribers, not returning. (I really should have learned my lesson on this one by now.) Really, if we didn’t get Grub Hub free, we would be paying for this pass. I don’t like the idea of paying for something we already (kind of) get for free. 

One of these days I may stop subscribing to stuff I won’t actually use. Today is not that day. 

No comments: