Monday, July 18, 2022

A Bit More than Expected

Today, it my birthday. That's right. I am officially 44, older than my mom. I'm not totally sure how I feel about that. Since my last birthday, I have had in my head that I was at an age where I needed to start living my life for both myself and for her. I was worried that with Eric being Anthony's age and me my mom's age, there could be a curse. Thankfully, that was proven wrong, and I get to continue to live a life that would make her proud to be my mom while making sure to experience things she did not get the chance to experience. 

Today, I took off of work to take Noel and her friend to a conference they signed up for at the beginning of the year. She has been excitedly talking about it for months, and it was finally here. As we drove up to Fort Collins, she started to get more and more nervous. When we got there, the girls checked in, and I helped them bring their things to their room. Once she met her suitemates and got a text from another friend looking for her, she became more comfortable, and I was able to leave. I will miss her while she is gone, but I know she will be taken care of and have fun with her friends and getting to learn more people. 

That's when I got to find my way home in a hot car with no air conditioning. I couldn't use my GPS because my phone overheated. I found my way to a main road and somehow ended up in Loveland. Thankfully, I knew how to get home from there. Overall, it took me about an hour and a half to get home instead of an hour, but I was able to get home safely. 

I love my daughter and would be willing to take this adventure again for her any day. I am glad I was able to spend my time with her and her friend. I wish it was not 100* when I was driving home, but it was worth it. To top it off, I didn't have to work, and I was distracted from the idea of being older than my mom by taking this adventure.  

No comments: