Friday, July 1, 2022

Funeral Day

 Today, I will be going to the funeral for a great man. He was caring, honest, genuine, sweet, and just all around one of the best people I have known. When I think of him, I think about his smile, and the way he would explain things. 

Last summer, he came to Girls Camp to teach the girls how to build a fire. He taught them how to make kindling if there was nothing around to use. He taught them how to build everything up around the kindling. He showed them the best way to keep it going as we kept it going from lunch time until we were ready to go to bed. I remember the look on his face the next morning when someone had already started a fire by the time he got up but had used a huge bundle of sticks rather then the method he had just taught the day before. Then, he just simply said it was a beautiful fire. 

I have known this man for 15 years, basically since I moved here. It’s hard to imagine not seeing him around. It’s harder knowing his wife is hurting, and I can’t do anything to take my friend’s pain away. 

No comments: