Saturday, July 16, 2022

Trying to Decide

For years, I have had the privacy settings on this blog set in a way where it is not completely private, but it is also not searchable in any way. This means that unless someone has the link because it was given to them or they got it from the links on my FB page or my Ravelry page, it is not discoverable. This has been tested on more than one search engine because I used to share pictures of my children on a regular basis and making it private made it too hard for even me to get to. 

I have been considering taking this protection off. It wouldn’t change what I write or the fact that I do so for me and my mental health. I only get about 3 or 4 views on most of my posts, and I really don’t think it would change who reads this blog. I have always been more of an under-the-radar kind of person. That would most likely not change. I just want the freedom of having something public. I don’t feel I can do this with FB, Instagram, or TikTok because of creepy old men and a few others (all of which I block). 

I’m going to have to consider the pros and cons for a little while before I make my final decision. I don't know which way I will go, but whatever I do, it will ultimately be MY choice. One of my favorite things about Chad is that I can make my own choices, and he will support my decisions. 

No comments: