Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 More Things

While reading Krista's blog, I realized that I, too, just hurried through my 25 things on Facebook. When I have thought through it more, there are more things that I don't mind sharing about myself. I only have a few people that read my blog compared to the over 100 people that could possibly be reading stuff on Facebook.

1. I LOVE reading other people's blogs. I am always in search of more blogs to read. I have been known to read blogs of people I know and not comment on them because I am not sure they really want me to be reading it. I know. I am a bit weird.

2. I was not married in the temple at first. We were married in a grove of trees behind the church building and went to the temple a year and a half later on my mom's birthday.

3. I actually only had one PLANNED pregnancy. I had been trying to get pregnant for two and a half years before I got pregnant with Eric, but I had left my job and had no insurance and was not trying to get pregnant any more when I got pregnant with him. I didn't believe that I could get pregnant very easily and was not using birth control when Sean was conceived. Noel was my one planned pregnancy. I was off of birth control for one month when I conceived her. Go figure.

4. I am in a process of self discovery through prayer and journal writing and many small goals that I am not only making but accomplishing. I hope to continue my journey throughout the year.

5. I like my house, but I am not too fond of how far away from the mountains we are. I know that I am not as far away as some people, but I lived in the Arvada area for so long. I think if we ever move it will be into the mountains.

6. I was signed up all ready to go to college in Pueblo, but John asked me to stay so I did.

7. I have days that I wish I didn't have to take care of kids. I feel guilty for this because I chose the life of a stay-at-home mom. This is definitely the hardest job I have ever had!

8. My biggest fear is that I will fail at being a mother.

9. I take all of my kids accomplishment and struggles personally. If they do good at something, I feel like it is because I have taught them well. If they don't I wonder what I could have done to make them do better.

10. I miss my mom more than anything, but I believe that I wouldn't have my hubby or kids if she hadn't died.

11. I see my self as a forgettable person.

12. I love the way my house looks when it is clean, but hate the process of cleaning it. That means I don't clean it as often as I should.

13. I am really good at making bread. I sometimes wish that people would ask me to teach them how to make bread, but I don't really have the patience to teach anyone how.

14. My nickname in high school was Pookie. It was given to be by one of my best friends and it just stuck.

15. I remember names and faces really well, but I don't like admitting it when it is obvious that the other person doesn't remember me.

16. I remember at least the month of most birthdays that I have been told, and a lot of the time I remember the day as well.

17. While my long term memory is good, my short term memory sucks (that would be why I can lose my keys in my purse).

18. I would love to have two more kids as long as I can guarantee that one would be a girl.

19. I am the kind of parent that thinks I can do a better job taking care of and teaching my kids better than anyone else. I think that is the reason I don't like sending Eric to school.

20. I have a fear of my kids hating me.

21. I often wish that I had kept up with different friends after high school. I think if I had made different choices, I would have kept those friends. I am glad that I stay with John though.

22. As off key as it is, I love it when my dad sings the Indiana State song to my kids. I know it is his way of comforting them, and there is nothing sweeter than that.

23. I feel guilty for teasing my dad for doing sign language in church. I really wish that he still signed hymns.

24. I have so far taught two of my kids to read when they were 4. While, logically, I realize that this is early, I am surprised when I find out that other kids can't read yet when they start kindergarten.

25. I am very lenient with Noel. She is the baby, and I don't have the excuse of I need to take care of the baby when she wants me. It drives me crazy sometimes that she is so clingy, but at the same time I want to keep her close to me for as long as possible.

Wow! I can't believe I actually did it!

4 comments:

Jami said...

#8 hits so close to home for me. I like learning these things about you! Makes me realize we need to talk more! lol

taradon said...

I love the 25 things kinds of lists. I really like to learn more about you.

Krista said...

I, too, often read the blogs of strangers. You are not weird. I sometimes follow interesting blogs anonymously. I think the same thing as you...people will think I'm weird since I don't know them!

I'm wondering why you feel like you wouldn't have your husband or kids if your mom hadn't died? You don't have to respond in this public forum, I just find that comment intriguing. (Did I spell that right?)

Thank you for being so vulnerable and baring your soul!

Mistaken said...

Number 11 - where you say you feel like you are a forgettable person, makes me want to cry! That is so far from the truth! You're one of my best friends and I will forever remember you.