Friday, February 20, 2009

My Crazy Week

I was thinking in the shower this morining (because that is the only place I can be alone with my thoughts) about how my week has gone. I realized that Tuesday and today (so far) have been my only calm days.

Monday, I was suffering from some of the bad side effects of my thyroid medicine. Yep that is right. I have been taking that medicine for about 3 weeks and the side effects still creep in sometimes. Luckily, it was not something that took away from my duties around the house.

Wednesday, Noel woke from a nearly sleepless night with a fever and a nasty cough. That meant that I had to cancel my baby-sitting and exercise plans.

Thursday, I was suffering from the pain of burning legs. I had burned my legs the night before after not reading all of the instructions on a Veet bottle. I ended up with my thighs having chemical burns. I was lucky that it was only about as bad as a sunburn. I was in pain most of the day. The burns made the rest of my body cold. I didn't sleep much the night before because I couldn't get comfortable.

Yes, I do realize that two of the three things are problems that I had. I can at least say that my Monday and Wednesday were not any one's fault. I wish I could say the same about Thursday. I am hoping that the rest of my week goes better and smoother.

No comments: