Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Food Problems

Chad regularly goes grocery shopping on Monday while I am working. This week, that could not happen because we have to wait until tomorrow when I get paid. That does not mean we have no food in the house. However, it does mean that a lot of the food we normally eat is fine, and we have had to get a bit creative. Last night, Chad made chicken nuggets from scratch. They were pretty good, but they were a bit dryer than I would have liked. He said next time he will try a different recipe. Tonight, we had hamburgers. Since we usually only cook 6 of the 8 burgers from the package, we had several packages with two patties in each. We had two left over buns from last week and a few sandwich thins that served the purpose well. The cheese was a bigger issue. The only cheese we had was string cheese. We each took a stick and manipulated it to fit on the burger the way we wanted. They weren’t as good as usual, but the weren’t bad either. 

Tomorrow, the kids and I will have a “gas station breakfast” like we did when they were younger. Then, I will go grocery shopping when I get off work. I can’t wait to have my regular foods again!

No comments: