Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Those Temple Feelings

 I am finally at a point in my life when I can leave my kids for a few hours without feeling guilty. That means I can go to the temple more often. I love the peace I feel when I’m there. It calms my heart and soul. 

Tonight, Chad and I went together. It started out a bit frantic. We forgot the name cards for the ancestors we were going to do work for on the table. Then, I felt like I was dropping my keys and wallet while I getting out my recommend as we walked in the temple. Then, as I settled into the chapel, there were a few ladies talking and going in and out as they tried to turn on the organ music just to have one more come in and flip on a switch to turn it on. I sat there a bit frustrated, hoping it would get better. I said a silent prayer to feel the Spirit as I participated in the session and started reading in the scriptures as I felt directed to do so. My mood changed immediately. 

As I participated in the session, I felt amazing! I kept thinking about when I could go back, how often I could attend, and trying to figure out if I could fit being a temple worker in my schedule. I left feeling refreshed and renewed. I decided that I am going to make an appointment with the bishop after my trip to find out if I would be able to work at the temple in some capacity. Between the wonderful feeling I felt tonight and the draw I have been feeling towards family history, I feel like I need to spend as much time as possible in the temple. 

No comments: