Friday, February 10, 2023

Heed Not

This morning, I listened to Elder David A. Bednar’s talk, “But We Headed Them Not.”  I really needed this message this morning. It’s not that I feel particularly picked on right now. I just feel like I needed a reminder to fortify myself so that when things happen, I can have a firmer foundation of truth. 

In this talk, Elder Bednar talks about the song Let Us All Press On. I l loved this hymn growing up and still have fond memories of learning it in primary and listening to my dad sing it sitting next to me in Sacrament Meeting. I never really thought about the meaning of the words, though. 

“…We will heed not what the wicked may say.” How do we “heed not?” We keep our covenants and “hold fast” to the word of the Lord. By doing this, we can fortify ourselves against those who will try to destroy our testimonies and pull us away from what is really important. 

I love this talk! I love that the Church has given us the resources we need to draw closer to Jesus Christ and learn from Him. 

No comments: