Thursday, February 16, 2023

Going to Utah

My dad's back yard

I am going to Utah next month with Sean. I bought the tickets and sent the itinerary to my dad to make sure he knows when I we need to be picked up and when we need to be back to the airport a few days later. I am really excited! I can't wait to get away for a little while. I am stuck in my house way too much, and I think it is affecting my mind again. I need a change even if it is only for a few days.

I know some people would ask why I am taking only Sean. Well, that answer is simple. He is the only one that can just leave without having to make arrangements or getting permission to do so. We will be leaving March 4 (a Saturday). Chad works Saturdays, and Noel has to be at her dad's house that weekend. I looked for tickets at a time I could take Noel, but they are about twice as much for the week of spring break as they are a the beginning of the month. Sean no longer goes to his dad's house and doesn't have a job and also wants to get out of the house. 

I don't have to take anyone with me. I went alone last time. I thought it would be nice to take at least one of the kids with me this time. I am only going to visit with my parents and see my best friend which makes this a perfect time to take someone with me. Sean needs some one on one time. He rarely gets it anymore now that he is done with high school and the clubs he was involved in. He used to get that with me when I picked him up.  (Noel gets one on one time when I pick her up from her dad's most Sundays.) 

I am excited for this trip. It will be a great mental reset, and I get to see my dad and my  best friend. 

No comments: