Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Running Update

 

A beautiful picture taken a the end of my run. 


I am happy to say that my running is getting to be more consistent. I really like that the Galloway RunWalkRun method is so customizable. I am currently running 30 seconds and walking 30 seconds. I am sure I will be able to raise the amount of run time as my body gets used to it again. 

Right now, I am getting ready to do the virtual Wonder Woman 5K that I planned to run around Thanksgiving. I had to stop my training in the fall because of an Achilles tendon injury. I was able to do a 5K with Chad in December (the Colder Boulder), but I had basically lost my mojo by then and have struggled to really get going since. Thankfully, it is slowly coming back and the snow melts. I know I can go to the gym and run on the treadmill, but it is not the same. I know I need to be more serious about it as we get closer to the races that I enjoy doing like the Bolder Boulder. 

So far this year, I plan to do the Bolder Boulder in May, a half marathon on Labor Day, and the Colder Boulder in December. I am sure Chad and I will find a few 5Ks to sprinkle in through the year, but we don't have anything planned yet. Right now, I am just going to concentrate on my love for running again rather than trying to do too many races. 

No comments: