Monday, November 13, 2023

Back to Doing Lists


 Years ago, I would do to do lists to prove my worth. I would even add stuff just to prove to someone who didn’t believe I did much of anything that I was doing something with my day. (It was more necessary than it should have been.) It became a habit to make these lists, but I didn’t feel the need to complete it all everyday once that person was gone. After Chad and I got married, he would tease me about how specific my lists were and how they weren’t completed fully. (I would move the unfinished items to the following day.) I eventually learned that my worth didn’t depend on how many small tasks I completed around the house. I also learned that all I had to do was ask, and I could get help around the house. 

Here I am many years later trying to get organized and re-establish good habits. I have tried bullet journaling, but found it hard to keep up with for too long. I have done day planners, but the one I bought for this year had an awkward layout. I stopped using it halfway through the year. (I’ll get one that works better for me next year.) I have a notebook that my work sent me that I don’t have much use for and can use for my lists. 

This morning, I sat down with my notebook and made a realistic to-do list. The hardest thing in my list was reading my psychology chapter for an hour. (It is a lot of information, and I am not done.) Of course, cleaning eh stove is never easy, but I was able to get it done. The only thing I have left to do today is wiping the table which I will do when the family cleans for 10 minutes before going to bed. Overall, I would say it was a successful day. 

No comments: