Thursday, November 16, 2023

Hobby Time

My daughter has had a few emotional weeks, and the closer it gets to her birthday, the harder life seems to be for her. (I won’t go into details because it’s not my issues.) She isn’t a big fan of being comforted which breaks my heart because I just want to fix everything for her. 

Tonight, she just wanted to leave the house, so we headed out after dinner. First, we got gas (originally our only plan). Then, we headed over to Micheal’s to get craft supplies. As we walked through the store, she seemed to perk up a bit. She found some pints and supplies for a project she had in her head and asked me to make her a sweater. We left with everything she and I needed for these projects. I know it didn’t solve her problems, but my hope is that she will use this as a healthy coping mechanism. 

No comments: