Monday, November 20, 2023

Start of Noel’s Birthday Week

Noel’s 18th birthday is in a few days. We try to make the 18th special. (Of course, it gets a bit bigger with each kid.) Adding to my desire to make this one bigger than others is the fact that her last few birthdays haven’t been great and she has needed a bit extra attention lately. This means I am doing my best to spoil her this year. 

Today, she had some friends over to celebrate with her. She made it clear that she wanted to be the one who planned it and didn’t want me hovering. She asked us to buy fruit and veggie trays. We also got chips and some appetizers for our dinner and for the girls to eat. Once they were all here, they mostly stayed in Noel’s room while we kept the dogs out of the way. It sounds like they had a good time. 

The next celebration is on Wednesday when we take all of us to dinner and decorate the Christmas tree. I hope she feels special. (That is always my goal even if I occasionally fail.)

No comments: