Friday, November 24, 2023

Thanksgiving

 

I can’t really say we have a regular Thanksgiving tradition anymore. I have alternated having the kids on Thanksgiving with their dad for most of the kids’ lives. For a while we would have dinner with my sister and Chad’s parents and brother. However, my sister and Chad’s mom have moved to another state just like the rest of my family, and we don’t see Chad’s brother as much anymore. This means that when it’s not my turn with my children for Thanksgiving, we have celebrated together a day late for while. I’m alright with this. I even planned it that way with them in September so they didn’t have to feel like they had to choose between their mom or their dad. 

Today, I got to spend a good chunk of my time making a big dinner for my family including a spice cake for those who don’t like pie. This was followed by decorating the house with Christmas decorations and a game of UNO. Then, we pulled names for our not-so-secret Santa. Overall, it was a good way to celebrate family and Thanksgivings while ushering in the Christmas season. 

No comments: