Saturday, November 18, 2023

Reluctant but Glad

I have recently been called as the secretary in the Relief Society. With this calling comes new responsibilities. (I have had this calling before, but different want different things.) Earlier this week, the new president realized that no one had signed up for the monthly temple trip. (We have only been in these calling for about two weeks, so that is not too surprising.) She sent a text out to the presidency asking us to go, and I agreed. The problem was that I had also said I would take my friend lunch and hang out with her the same day because she had surgery earlier in the week and we hadn't had our monthly lunch together yet. When I realized what I had done, I felt bad and considered backing out of the temple trip. As of Friday morning, I did not know who was going and  was very tempted to cancel. A big part of me felt guilty for this. 

Friday afternoon, I was told that there were five of us going and was asked how many I could fit in my car (5 including me if the people in the backseat squish). At this point, I knew I was locked in to this trip. I spent a good amount of time dreading it and feeling guilty that I would have to make lunch with my friend late. I stressed about it so much that it interrupted my sleep. 

This morning, I got up and got ready and reminded myself of the feelings of peace I get in the temple and started to feel peace. Suddenly, I was in a better mood as I continued to get ready. When I met up with the other ladies, I was ready to fully participate the blessings of the temple. There were only four of us that showed up, so we were able to all fit in my car. 

I am so happy that I went to the temple this morning. I had some wonderful memories as I participated and learned things I had not thought of previously. I texted my friend as we left the temple and called her after dropping everyone off at the church. She was not upset at all. We have had lunch at 1pm in the past, so it wasn't something unusual. Also, I let her pick what food I would pick up on the way to her house and what I would buy for her and her son for dinner. 

Even though I left the house before 8am and didn't get home until about 5pm, I feel like my day was well spent. I do not regret my decision other than not getting my homework done after I got home. (I now have only two hours until everything is due and have done very little.)

No comments: