Wednesday, October 26, 2022

I am Malala: Young Readers Edition




A little over a week ago, I finished I am Malala: Young Readers Edition. I started this book 3 or 4 years ago when I was taking a class about Pakistan. I didn’t finish it because I realized I did not have the right edition. I was supposed to have the regular version. I ended up borrowing the audiobook on the Libby app to make it through the class work, and I am glad I did. The book I read is good, but it does not have the details the original book has. The good thing about both books is that it inspires people to stand up for what the believe in and shows how many freedoms we take advantage of in this country. 

Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone trying to teach middle school students about differences in cultures, the affects of oppression, and resilience. Malala did amazing things at such a young age! 

No comments: