Monday, October 24, 2022

Running Injury

 

Today took an odd turn when this guy called me needing me to pick him up. I was working, and he was out for a run when I got the call. I answered thinking he had seen something he just HAD to tell me about. (That has never happened, but it could. Right? Maybe?) Instead, my out-of-breath husband told me he had tripped and was bleeding a lot. I had him send me his location and hurried out to the car. 

When I found him, he was covered in blood and in pain and explained that he had tripped on the uneven sidewalk as he ran and injured his nose. I had no way of knowing if it was broken, but it looked like he at least needed stitches. I told him he needed to go to the ER or Urgent Care. It didn’t take long to convince him to let me take him, so I called my boss and drove to Urgent Care per his request. 

When we arrived, Chad was assessed for a concussion, broken nose, and the need for stitches. Thankfully, all he needed was a bit of derma bond for the lacerations, and we were told what to look for in case it is broken. 

Now, he gets to take ibuprofen every four hours as the bruising gets darker as we wait to find out if he is going to look like a raccoon. I have assured him there are better ways to get my attention. 

2 comments:

Mistaken said...

That sounds painful! I know it's morbid but I would have appreciated a picture of all the blood.

Druciana said...

I know you would have. I didn't think about it at the time. Sorry. lol