Saturday, October 29, 2022

Inflation is not a new concept

"This present era seems very similar in many ways to those turbulent war years. Today we face many perplexing issues. In addition to significant international political problems, we are experiencing one of the most difficult economic periods we have faced in many decades—the problem of inflation and personal financial management." 

I love reading older talks that are still applicable today. This talk was from 1979. I was a year old, so I don't particularly remember the economic and political temperature of the day. If it was anything like today, I could imagine that the inflation rate and looming recession were not fun at all. This talk gives guideline that, if followed consistently, could help people reach their economic goals. Some of these ideas, such as being more diciplined with our spending, are lessons that I have learned the hard way during my twenties and thirties. I am still working to dig myself out of a few holes because of out of control spending on my part as well as others. 

1 comment:

Mistaken said...

I'll have to read that talk.