Saturday, October 8, 2022

My Next Challenge

 I continually try to find ways to improve myself which seems to often mean finding the next challenge for me. In July, I learned about the 75 hard challenge. Chad did some research and did a modification of it until our trip to South Dakota. Then, he stopped until last this last week. 

For the past week, I have seen my husband work hard to do every part of this challenge. His hard work and dedication are inspiring. It makes me want to do it myself, and that means I will be doing it. 

This is not an easy challenge and does not just work on physical health. I challenges people both physically and mentally. It includes no alcohol (not hard for people who don't drink), two 45 minute workouts (one outside), follow a diet plan (exactly), read at least 10 pages of nonfiction, drink one gallon of water, and take a progress picture daily. I expect the two daily workouts being the toughest especially the outside workout as it colder (I don't do well in cold). The reading should not be hard with all that I read for school, but I will probably have to fill in with other books here and there since the readings I do for school have deadlines. As far as diet goes, I will be working on a 14/10 intermitted fasting schedule that will probably at times have a bit longer of fasting times. Drinking a gallon of water will be easy. It is more than I usually drink, but if I cut out some of the soda I have been drinking, it should make it a bit easier. The picture will only be hard because I am not sure I want to see evidence of how much I have let myself go in the past few years, but it will be nice to see the changes as I go. 

The website says to start without delay, but I need to wait until tomorrow. I had to take the time to research diets and decide on what I thought would work best for me. I considered South Beach again, but I remembered how I felt trying to follow it exactly and how it made my body feel. I considered Keto, but I have heard that it is not good for people who have had their gall bladder removed. My next step was intermitted fasting. I have done it in the past and only stopped doing it because I couldn't afford the app I was using to track it. I will be tracking this in my bullet journal. I have also created a tracker the all of the habits. 







No comments: