Friday, July 14, 2023

Cousin Reunion Planning

I have been missing South Haven, MI for a while. I have so many good memories of visiting there. The best memories include my cousins. The last two times I near them there were for my grandparents’ funerals. I want to see them again with good memories attached. This desire lead me to one conclusion; I need to organize a Mitchell Cousin Reunion. 

A few weeks ago, I made the first big step to make this happen. I made a Facebook group message to hater interest for a reunion in South Haven next summer for our grandparents’ anniversary. So far, everyone is interested and looking into making room in their schedules for the days I chose. 

Now, I am in planning mode. I am going to check out a couple of venues my dad suggested including the Methodist church that we had a few family functions when we were growing up. If there is a way to rent or reserve it, I am hoping to do a big dinner the night of the anniversary. If not, I will check out a state park by the beach my dad told me about. For the other meals, I am thinking everyone will be in charge of their own breakfast. The other three meals can be assigned to family groups. For example, Aunt Mickey’s kids can work on the first lunch, Uncle Bill’s kids can do the other lunch. and my sister and I can do the last dinner. Other than that, I know we need at least one day at the beach. The other day, I am going to do a bit of research on other activities available in the area. 

I am so excited for this reunion! Hopefully, planning it while finishing my last year of school doesn’t kill me. 

No comments: