Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Priorities

This morning, I listened to M. Russell Ballard’s talk, Remember What Matters Most. It was great to have the reminder that I don’t need to be everything to everyone all at once. It kind of goes along with the theme of The Barbie Movie. (Yes, I’m talking about it again…a bit.) We are often told we need to do so many things that it is overwhelming. 

What roles do I play currently in my life? I am a mother, wife, employee, student, youth leader, sister, friend, daughter, and more. I have always and will always first and foremost be a mother. My husband knows this. I hope my kids know this. Being a wife is also very important to me. I have always known I was meant to be a wife. I hated being single after my divorce and was lucky enough to find the love of my life quickly. (Isn’t it amazing how the Lord puts the right people in our lives exactly when we need them?) Everything else has to be prioritized daily. Do I make mistakes? Yes. Sometimes the girls I teach text me with questions more than others (today was all about what to pack for camp). Sometimes my schoolwork has to take top priority. Sometimes I fail. Sometimes I succeed. The failures almost always stick in my brain the best. 

Listening to this talk reminded me that putting my family and God first is what matters. As I follow the prompting of the Holy Ghost and do my best to fulfill my family responsibilities, everything else can fall into place. I know this is true. I know that “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”



No comments: