Friday, July 21, 2023

Lost Dog/ Found Dog


 If there is a hole in the fence, Sophie will find it. She loves to roam around. Today, she found one of those holes and got out. It scared us for a while. 

After lunch, I let all of the dogs in the backyard and went back to work. When the big dogs wanted in, Sean let them in. Then, he went looking for Sophie. When he couldn’t find her, Noel joined him as I drove around the block slowly calling for her knowing she couldn’t get very far. At this point, she went to walk around the block in case I missed her as I freaked out thinking a hawk or other predatory bird got ahold of her. Then, Noel climbed the fence to see if she could find her that way, and she did. A confused little Sophie was right up against the fence likely trying to find a way back in where the people were calling for her. My solution was to have Noel jump the fence as I drove around to the back of the house to meet them. What I found as I passed the mailboxes was Sean walking towards Noel who was snuggling a small dog we thought may have been eaten. 

I was so relieved to be able to bring my doggie home. Sophie was just happy as could be having had a small adventure and getting the attention of being held and snuggled. 

No comments: