Sunday, July 30, 2023

Girls Glamp

As I have mentioned before, I am a leader for the youth in my church. In this role, I serve young women 12 to 14 years old. I love this calling. Seeing the way these girls grow emotionally, spiritually, and emotionally is a reward in itself. (I also work with the girls up to 18 a bit, but not as much.) Since I get to do this, I also get to go to camp with the girls each summer that I can get that time off of work. 

This year, we went to YMCA of the Rockies Snow Mountain Ranch  and ended with a whitewater rafting trip in Idaho Springs. The camp had so many activities for the girls to do. They didn’t all do the same activities, but I think it is safe to say they all stayed busy the entire three days. They rode down a hill on inner tubes, swam, roller skated, played 4 square, roller skated, ant zip lining, did crafts, and more. At night, the girls slept in yurts, and the leaders slept in tents next to the yurts. The scenery was beautiful, and the staff was wonderful. I’m glad the girls got to do participate in this type of camp. 




No comments: