Sunday, July 30, 2023

Pirate 5K


 Yesterday, Chad, Noel, and I ran a Pirate 5k in Thornton. (It may not have been the best planning since Noel and I had just come home from camping for 3 days.) My main goal was to do better than I did during the relay on July 4 and not end up in last place. Thankfully, I accomplished both goals. Noel accomplished even more: a 3rd place finish for her age group. 

Today, I looked at the finish line pictures they took at the race. Mine is awful. I wore some shorts that were an unfortunate color. (Don’t worry I cropped out my bottom half for the blog.) Chad’s wasn’t bad. It is obvious he put his all into it. Noel on the other had looks great. She is actually smiling crossing the finish line. 




It is races like these that make me want to keep going. I’m going to be doing another one through this company in 2 weeks that I won in a drawing at this one. I really like the way this company organizes it’s races. I’m am more than happy to continue finding them as I work on this journey. 

No comments: