Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting Back Into The Groove

Starting in December sometime, I was in a good groove of working out. I really do enjoy doing it. As I look back it took me a few weeks to really get going, but once I was going, there was no stopping me. I wanted to loose a pound a week (not too unreasonable). Then, I started getting ready to go on vacation. I started exercising a bit less, but I was still exercising. Then, I went on vacation. I haven't exercised much since. At least that is how it feels to me.

I really do like the way I feel when I have done a good workout. I like the feeling of accomplishment when I challenge myself further and complete the task. I like the high that I get from exercising. I like when I have worked so hard that my muscles ache because I know I am doing something for myself and the sore muscles are a reminder of that. I LOVE that I was losing weight while working out.

I got sad news when weighing myself this week. I gained back all of the weight that I had lost over those few months. I didn't really start losing until I got back on my thyroid medication, but I lost 7 pounds. That's more than a pound a week. Now it is all back.

Even worse is that fact that those pounds redistributed in different places, making the pants that did fit just right, now tight and the ones that were a bit loose, fit just right. I feel like my tummy and legs must have gained more weight than that. I probably lost muscle mass, making the jiggly stuff more jiggly.

This is my new motivation. I want to fit back into my pants the way I did before. I got through 20 minutes on the Gazelle today by reminding myself of the slightly smaller body I could have if I continue to exercise.

Watch out world! By this time next year, I will be skinnier and sexier!

5 comments:

Mistaken said...

Go for it Rosa. You're a stronger person than I am. I know you can do it!

Krista said...

Good for you! Keep it up!

Jami said...

Woohoo! Go Rosa! Go Rosa! Go! Go! Go Rosa! ;)

Cara said...

You go, girl! Losing weight is hard. I have put on nearly 40 pounds with this baby, and I dread having to take it off. So much work. But you'll do it. You've got friends to support you!

Tera said...

You are amazing in that you love exercising. I don't like it. I like the results of it, but I hate actually doing it. I'd rather go for a bike ride with my fam, or play a game of volleyball, but actually exercising is boring!