Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Morning Walk

It was such a beautiful morning this morning, and Eric was actually ready for school on time! I decided that we would walk to school. This was a great idea! *pats self on back*

The way to school went quickly. The boys decided to race to each corner. They probably would have raced the whole way if I didn't have the silly rule of making them wait for me at each corner so that I can make sure that the cars are going to actually stop at the signs before they can go any farther. Noel got tired of running, and I had to carry her and walk quickly most of the way (only about two blocks, but she is not a baby anymore). I enjoyed watching my boys play with each other on the way. We left Eric with hugs and sent him on his way to the playground (right on time I might add).

The way home was slower and more peaceful. My arms were getting sore from carrying Noel, so I put her down and told her she could hold my hand. She was content with the idea since we were now walking at her pace (3 year old pace is quite slow). As we walked along the side walk home, Sean started to jump over all of the cracks. Noel thought that it looked fun so she did the same. There was a difference in their methods though. Sean would walk and just casually jump as he got to the cracks. Noel would walk until she got to a crack, line he feet up just right, and jump. I was enjoying this so much that I was smiling and laughing.

I really do enjoy and love my kids. I know I complain about them a lot, but they are sweet and fun. I am so lucky to be their mom!

4 comments:

Mistaken said...

These are the moments that we should hang onto when we are having bad days. I think if we just slowed down in life and noticed these wonderful times, we may not do as much complaining.

Tera said...

Good job! You stopped and enjoyed your kids today. That is hard to do sometimes because life gets so busy. I bet you'll go to bed tonight and feel like you were a good mom today!

Cara said...

Good for you for seeing an opportunity to walk to school, and seizing it! The exercise is great and so is the fresh morning air.

Sorry to hear you were stuck carrying a 3 year old toddler much of the way. Think how many calories you must have burned, though!

taradon said...

That's a lovely way to start the day!