Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rewards


After reading through some weight loss blogs, I have been thinking of what I can do to motivate myself to lose weight. I have decided that I am going to reward myself. There are things that I don't do purely because we don't have the money. Things that I would love to do, but can't see spending money on myself in such a selfish way.

I have decided that I am going to use some of those things to motivate myself to lose weight.

1. When I lose 10 pounds I am getting a pedicure. I know that to some this may seem like a thing that one just does, but I have never had a professional pedicure. When the first 10 pounds are gone, I will go into town and have one done. I am really excited!

2. When 20 pounds are gone, I am going to register for the Boulder Boulder. Yes, I know the next one is only about a month away, but I can register for next year's if I don't make it by then (I'm fairly certain that I won't unless there is a miracle.)

3. When I drop 30 pounds, I am going to make hotel reservations and have a night out with John (hopefully his mom will understand my excitement and watch the kids for a night). I wanted to do this for our 10 year anniversary, but we ran out of money a bit before that and ended up having a quiet night at home instead.

These are my goals. I guess now I just need to stick to my exercise plan.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Those are great motivators! Keep it up! (by the way, a pedicure is SO COMPLETELY worth it!!)

Jami said...

Those sound like motivating rewards! I bet you can do it! :)

Mistaken said...

Those sound awesome. You deserve them anyway but go for it. I know you can do it.

Tera said...

I think having a goal in mind totally helps! Good luck!

Ann Marie said...

I'm totally with Krista! Those pedicures are WONDERFUl! I don't get one very often, just on special occasions and the beginning of summer. But so fun! I love the foot rub best!

Great motivators and rewards you've chosen, it does help! Keep up the great work! You can do it! Thanks for being an inspiration!

taradon said...

I think those are some great rewards to look forward to! Great idea!