Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Back to School Shopping

Noel is starting school Thursday, so today we did our back to school shopping. Knowing this is probably the last time we do this is bittersweet. On one hand, I hate back to school shopping. On the other hand, I’m not sure I’m ready for her to be grownup. Either way, I soaked it up today through four stores in two hours. 

We went to Target first thinking we would be able to find the supplies she wanted. We did not. They didn’t have much of anything left. We got a bit of make up and decided we would have better luck at Office Depot. 

On our way to Office Depot, we stopped at Kohl’s hoping they would have clothes that she liked and would fit. (She is quite small and has a hard time finding things her size.) Thankfully, she found a great first day outfit and a backpack. 

Our next stop was Office Depot. After some searching, she found the pencils she likes, a notebook, and a multi subject folder. We decided that if she needed anything else we would find it after she gets whatever lists from whatever teachers. 

As we started to leave the shopping center, I asked if she needed new shoes knowing full well that she has shoes. She has been talking about wanting a new pair for school for a couple of weeks. I basically talked her into going to Famous Footwear (it wasn’t hard). She picked out some shoes that go great with the outfit, and I was happy that they gave her a bit more confidence for her first day at a new school. 

I know we will have to go back to Office Depot Thursday or Friday, but I’m glad we were able to find what she needs for now. I hope this helps ease the nerves of going back to school for her senior year. 

No comments: