Wednesday, August 2, 2023

She Called

Noel and I have an interesting relationship. We are closer than I could have imagined we could be at this age. (I had a strained relationship with my mom for most of my teen years. When it was finally getting better, she died.) There are times when we drive each other crazy, but we still love each other and have fun most of the time.  She has a hard time when I am gone, and I have a hard time when she’s gone. 

This week, she is at a conference all week. I know it is a good experience for her, but it has been hard to have her gone so long and not hear from her. I understand that she is busy and making new friends, and I hope she comes home with great stories. 

Today, I had some good news for her. She got into the school we were hoping she would. (We had to open enroll her from out of district, so nothing was guaranteed.) I texted her to let her know and got an immediate excited text back. Then, she called me tonight to tell me about her day. After having a bit of a bad day today, I was so happy to hear her voice no matter the reason she called. 

As I have said many times, I love my kids more than anything in the world. Being separated from Eric is so hard, but I am proud of the man he has become. When the other kids leave for even a short time, I can feel their absence. I love when they call or text me just to say they miss me. 

No comments: