Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Learning to Tat



As of Sunday, I am no longer working with the youth at church. For the most part, I have been happy about this change. I have time when I am upset about it, but I am getting used to the idea…I think. 

Today, I had to figure out what to do with myself while Noel was gone and Chad and Sean watched their show together. I decided that I would finally sit down and learn tatting. I tried last week and realized I needed to watch the DVD to understand it better. Tonight was my chance to do that alone. 

It was actually nice to just sit in my room alone as I learned something new. It has been a long time since I have been able to do this, and I know the time will be consumed with schoolwork next month. I am happy to say that after rewinding the video five times and continuing to practice for another hour, I successfully figured out the basic stitch and made this:

It isn’t much, but it’s a start. Yay me!

No comments: