Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Changes

I have another 5K coming up on August 12, and I am getting excited and loving how my increased activity has been affecting my body. It’s not just the obvious benefits. I have noticed that even the small things are getting easier. I am so glad that I have been signing up for eaves again to motivate me to keep going. 

Last summer, I was in pain almost every time I tried to exercise. It made the idea of exercising make me want to curl up in a ball. I kept trying. Each time felt a bit better, and I had the desire to workout. It just wasn’t enough to keep me going on a regular basis. 

This past spring I started taking walks with a friend once a week. It was a great start to increasing my activity level. Having someone to meet up with gave me a reason to get out and some accountability. I’m sure this friend doesn’t know how much I like our walks that give me some human interaction outside my house on a regular basis as well as a reason to move. 

As I find more ways to keep moving, I am reminded of how I felt in 2019 and 2020 when I was running regularly. I can’t wait until I get back to the level I was then. 


No comments: